Well we have less then seven months to go! It seems like time is flying by and before we know it the big day will be here. We are going to order our cake next weekend and maybe go to the Portland Bridal Show. I haven't decided yet. Can't wait to taste some more cake!
Now that we're married, join us down the road of married life and all of the adventures life has to bring!
1.10.2010
Wedding Show Galore
Yesterday, I went to the Oregon Wedding Showcase in Eugene with my mom. It was a blast! Not only do you get lots of freebies and discounts to take home, you get to try so much food! I had no idea that all of the bakeries and caterers have samples to hand out. Although, now that I think about it, that does make a lot of sense. And, on top of all of that everyone has at least candy for you to take. My advice: go early and have lunch for the price of your ticket :-) Another piece of advice: Don't mix the heavier food with all of the desserts. Sample from the caterers first, and then go around and get dessert (or do the reverse, just don't mix and match!) My favorite thing that I tried was a chocolate cake with fudge filling with buttercream frosting and raspberry compote. So delicious! Although I don't really need too much more for the wedding day, I did find a couple of cool things. Discounts on tuxes was one :-) I did a little favor for the groom there. Also, I found a local company that makes guest books. They will put together all of your photos from your relationship into a nice hardcopy book for your guests to sign. I think that this could be really cute. I entered to win one, but might have to give in if I am not lucky. I also found some good references for a seamstress. I need to investigate a little bit further and talk to some references about them, but it's a good start. That was the thing I was looking for the most!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When is the portland Bridal show... I want to go!
ReplyDelete