1.17.2010

Wedding Cake

On Saturday Andrew and I went back to the bakery in Portland to taste more cake (why not?) and place our order. It was such a tough decision, they were all really good. However, we can only have one wedding cake and so we chose red velvet with bavarian cream. Just you wait, it is going to be delicious! They also have amazing buttercream frosting. The frosting will be white with some red filigree design on the cake. I have a picture of our "inspiration" that I will upload eventually. Hopefully we will also have Lisa (the florist) put a few fresh flowers on the cake and we also need to find a cake topper. I hope it turns out to be pretty. I mean, I am sure it will, it's just something so hard to choose!

We also went to the Portland Bridal Show. It was a lot of fun, but also a lot of chaos. I think I liked the one in Eugene better for getting to talk to vendors in a low stress environment. However, at the Portland show they were pretty much shoving the free cake at you. That was the best part, lots and lots of free cake. But overall it was good, we got some more free wedding books and magazines. It would have been great to go to the show sometime last year because then I would have had a lot more resources for planning, but oh well! We are still going to have the wedding of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment