1.03.2010

Save The Dates, Invitations, Catering and More!

Well, I have been a bad blogger over the winter break but I have been a busy wedding planner.

First lets start with save-the-dates. Phoebe and Amber were gracious enough to come to Corvallis for a weekend and help with this project. We all think the save-the-dates turned out great, and they definitely would not look as good without their help.

Over Christmas, Andrew's mom Sandi and I assembled all of the wedding invitations. She had some great ideas of how to spruce up our very simple DIY kit. I think they turned out great, but you will all just have to wait and see. It feels so great to have those done and (almost) ready to mail!

Right before Christmas, Andrew and I went up to Portland to meet with the caterer and have a tasting. It was so much fun to go have a tasting with the caterer! They prepared a full little plate of goodies for us to sample. We really wanted to have salmon served at our wedding, since it is a NW thing and goes well with wine. However, the salmon wasn't that great (farmed Atlantic salmon to lower the cost) so we decided to go with mango chicken instead. I think it will be a great, light summer dish. We are also going to serve seasonal vegetables and a NW salad (wine-poached pears, walnuts and blue cheese) with the dinner along with some yummy appetizers.

We also had the opportunity to go cake tasting at a bakery in Wilsonville that Lisa (our florist) recommended. Their cake was really good! We are definitely planning on having them bake our cake and we have another consultation to taste more cake and place our order in January. Our favorites were the chocolate cake with a fruit filling (strawberry or marionberry) or red velvet cake with either cream cheese or bavarian cream. Did I mention that they have the most amazing buttercream frosting??

As you can see, it has been a busy break for us! We have accomplished a lot, but still have a lot more to go!

1 comment:

  1. OMG you are making my mouth water! It sounds so fantastic. I wish i was getting married! lol. I am liking the Mango chicken as well as the NW salad. They all sound awesome! If you need anymore help let me know!

    Derek

    ReplyDelete