10.20.2009

Meeting with Pastor Ron and Engagement Photos

On Saturday we went up to Newberg to meet with Ron, who is a pastor at GodSong Community Church. Kat recommended him as an officiant for our wedding. Well things went really well! Ron is a very laid back, easy going guy. When I awkwardly asked the question about how religious he makes things, he simply answered that he doesn't push his agenda on anyone (yay!). And we told him that we weren't fans of organized religion and he said that sometimes he wasn't either. Before the wedding he does require us to do some pre-marital counseling, but more so to get to know us and for us to get to know us and our marriage better. I know I said that I absolutely did not want to do counseling, but I think that in the long run it will be very beneficial for our marriage.

On Sunday, we met Ben up at Vista Hills to do our engagement photos. We were supposed to do them downtown PDX on Saturday, but Ben had a schedule change and wanted to do them at VH on Sunday instead (since he lives out that way.) Bottom line: we got a much longer photo shoot at a much prettier location without having to pay extra :-D. The shoot was a little awkward at first. Especially when someone is telling you to look at each other lovingly or give each other a little kiss. But overall it went really well. It was gorgeous out at VH! There was some low-lying fog over the hill and all of the leaves on the vines were changing. I can't wait to see them! They will probably be done in 3-4 weeks and then I will share them with all of you!

Next week I have my first meeting with a potential florist and I meet with Kat to discuss the set-up out at Vista Hills.

2 comments:

  1. Yaay! Your officiant sounds cool. Be sure to let us know when those you pick your pics

    -Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey how was the florist?

    ReplyDelete