4.14.2010

Less than 4 months and counting!

I can't believe that the big day is getting so close! I am starting to feel the pressure of all the little things that we need to get done. I am waiting until I finish my internship and I have some down time to start really pulling the pieces together and delegating more tasks!

A few weekends ago we went to Vista Hills to pick out the wine for our wedding. We decided to go with half pinot gris and half pinot noir. While we were trying the 2007 Treehouse Estate we started talking to the server about the 2008 vintage (which is supposed to be phenomenal.) Apparently it had just been bottled, but not yet released. The server went in the back and actually found a bottle of it for us to try. And it was definitely phenomenal. We decided to buy half a case of the '07 and half of the '08. That way there are two different pinot noir's and the wine snobs in the crowd will appreciate the difference. We also got a case of the Treehouse Pinot Gris. In addition to wine, we are considering serving beer as well (no hard A allowed at VH.) Well, they get a good deal on bottled of beer from Golden Valley Brewery. We rounded off our wine tasting trip by stopping by Golden Valley to sample their different beers. They have a great variety and some that will work well with our wedding.

We have also reserved a block of rooms at the Red Lion in McMinnville for the night of the wedding at a discounted rate. In addition, you can also get the discounted rate for the night before (space permitting) if you call soon enough. For more details either call the hotel or visit our wedding website.

Next up: Tuxes! We are going to hopefully pick them out this weekend!


1 comment: