One of the biggest (most loaded) questions you get after you get married is, "When are you going to have children?" Andrew and I exchange glances, "Uhhhhhhh, not anytime soon!"
I will admit that I have grown more fond of the idea of child-rearing as I have aged and seen other people have babies. Some of them (definitely not all of them) are cute and at some point it probably is "the right thing to do." (Insert threats from mother and mother-in-law here.)
However, today is one of those days where it is very apparent that I can't handle kids anytime soon. Okay, I can barely manage taking care of a dog. Much less, a relatively (albeit pain in the ass) low maintenance dog. Here I am this morning, coffee cake in the oven (feeling domestic) and talking on the phone with a friend, when Oliver (above mentioned dog) decides it's time to rise from the chair and puke all over the floor. Um, what do I do now? Oh, well I guess I have to get off the phone and clean it up.
Ew. Ew. Ew. I can barely handle dog vomit (why must they eat inedible objects?) And rumor has it that babies puke and poop, a lot. I am so not ready to deal with that. I think I'll just go cut myself a piece of coffee cake and watch Grey's Anatomy.
P.S. Notice how I failed to mention that I haven't blogged in almost a year. I promise, better blogging from now on.
LOL!!! Right now just keep this time for you to moving ahead! BTW love Oliver!
ReplyDelete